A technical communicator since 2006.
- Writes, edits, and designs user documentation and user interfaces. Can also code.
- Works with minimal supervision.
- Has implemented documentation improvements that resulted in reducing file and word counts, and in enhancing reader experience.
- Has implemented process improvements that resulted in reducing time of routine activities.
- Holds a defensive patent disclosure.
- Helps, mentors, and trains team members.
(Deliverables are listed in no particular order.)
- Online help files
- Quick start guides
- Context-sensitive help
- Product videos
- API documentation
- Product documentation and multimedia
- UI message strings
- Style guide rules
- User scenarios
- UI wireframes
Tools and technologies
(Proficiency level, on an increasing scale of 1 to 10, is indicated by the number.)
- Arbortext Editor: 8
- oXygen XML Editor: 8
- Madcap Flare: 5
- Viewlet Builder: 8
- Camtasia: 3
- Adobe Framemaker: 2
- DITA: 8
- Markdown: 8
- HTML, CSS, JS: 7
- XML, XSL, DTD: 2
- Python: 4
A collection is on this page: Code bits and other pieces
- IBM, 2008 - present
- Integra Microsystems, 2006 - 2008
- Bharatiya Reserve Bank Note Mudran Ltd, 1996 - 2005
- Taxmann Publications, 1995 - 1996